Sunday, March 14, 2010

Habit formations

Recently, in Paris I again stayed in the 7th near the church of St. Germain de Pres where, in the evening, there is a man in a cart who sells crepes. The first time I lined up for one of his crepes, the customer before me left the beverage he had paid for. I took it, ran after him, and delivered. When I returned this trip, the cart was still there. I like the Nutella crepes – the sticky, sweet, hazelnut cream. Nutella + Grand Marnier is good too. At Christmastime, the crepes cart man also sold hot spiced red wine. I tried a similar treat at the Champs Elysee, the old crepes cart man’s was still the best. Yesterday, back in DC, what appeared in the chilly cold? A crepes shack outside the Gallery Place movie theater. Nutella is on the menu! And authentic, too. Now, I just have to wait for the hot spiced wine.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog because of the crepe posting. I've never had Nutella and Grand Marnier in a crepe -- yum! Would you consider posting your opinion on your favorite crepe filling on my page for the best crepe recipe in the world? We've got some friendly dialogue on the subject! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete